Lecture Notes, Wed 08/24
Agenda for Wed 08/24 (from SPIS Google Calendar)
Assignment Calendar for Week 4
8:45am: APS with Miles
10:15am: Transition to Project Phase of SPIS
Check in: “I’m (name)”,
* I'm glad, mad, sad, afraid, or I pass. * I'm in * Welcome
Strategies to try
- Acknowledge each other’s good ideas!
- Empathize- view things from the other person’s perspective
- Be patient with your partner
- Confront problems instead of avoiding them
- Share things: time on the keyboard, conversation, food
- Seek outside opinion if you disagree
Strategies to consider avoiding
- Being passive aggressive a.k.a. sarcasm, non-cooperation
- Resorting to physical violence
Project related topics
- Schedule for the project phase
- Working with your (possibly new) partner
Planning your project
- If time: discussion about data survey
1:15-3pm: Open Lab. Work with your new partner to prepare a project plan.
3:30pm: Non Academic (fun) activity.